You Might Hurt Yourself (••)Edit
- Action: Reactive and contested
- Dice pool: Dexterity + Larceny vs. Defense
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: lasting
People ought to know better than to swing heavy or sharp objects around. When a foe close enough to attack has a tool or weapon in hand, and is about to use it (on herself or anyone else) the Noble activates this Charm. She must have both hands free.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble leaves herself wide open to her target. If he attacks her in the next turn, she cannot apply Defense.
- Failure: The Noble misses her catch.
- Success: The Noble takes hold of the target’s instrument and pulls it away, just before he does whatever he meant to do. The object moves to her possession.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble’s theft is so well timed that the target actually tries to carry out his intention without the necessary tool. He gets the Stunned Tilt [CofD 286].
Upgrade: Replacing (Aria •••)Edit
The Noble places new equipment into her target’s hand as deftly as she removes the old. If the new equipment is similar (such as replacing a gun with another gun loaded with blanks) the target will attempt their original action using the new equipment. Otherwise the target notices the switch in time to change his action, unless the Noble rolls an exceptional success.