Wings of Air (•••, Aria ••)Edit
- Requires Celestial Dance with Weightless
- Action: Instant
- Dice pool: Wits + Athletics
- Cost: 2 Wisps
- Duration: 1 scene
The Noble is wrapped in the air’s gusty embrace, and takes to the skies as a leaf on the breeze.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble becomes horribly dizzy and confused. She gains the Lost Condition [CofD 289] and cannot use the Charm until it’s resolved.
- Failure: The Noble remains earthbound.
- Success: The Noble begins to fly, simple as that. Her Speed in the air equals 5 + Strength + Dexterity + Aria. The Charm keeps her afloat until she touches a surface that can bear her weight, then ends leaving her properly balanced. If the Noble is airborne at the end of the scene, she drifts downward until she touches a surface, and takes no damage from the fall.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble can rest on solid surfaces without ending the Charm; no matter where she goes, she can fly until the end of the scene.
Upgrade: Fairy DustEdit
- Cost: +1 Wisp
The Noble wraps the air’s embrace around her friends to bring them with her. She may take along a number of people up to her Strength dots. The people dragged along form a human chain with the Noble in the lead, and as long as each person in the chain keeps his grip, the whole chain is safe. However, anyone who lets go starts to fall, along with anyone behind them, and is not protected by the Charm.
If the Noble hasn’t reached her passenger limit, she can try to catch someone in mid-fall. She must be within her flying Speed in yards and succeed on a Dexterity + Athletics roll, with a penalty of -1 for each turn the other person has been falling, to bring them into the Charm’s protection.
Upgrade: Sonic RainbowEdit
While flying the Noble may spend a Wisp to increase her speed enormously, at the cost of precision. If she does so, she uses the rules for Outrace the Sun while she flies. Returning to her regular flying speed costs nothing but the time it takes to decelerate.