Whispers from Afar (•••)Edit
- Action: Instant
- Dice pool: Wits + Socialize, modified by Sympathy
- Cost: 2 Wisps
- Duration: 1 scene
What need is there of speech between you and those you love? The Noble uses this Charm to communicate with another person; if he is not present, the Sympathy modifier applies. If the target has Wisps, he can share the activation cost; both the Noble and the target spend 1 Wisp, and the target does so reflexively.
- Dramatic Failure: For the duration, the Noble imagines the voice of her target is speaking to her; what it says is what she generally expects him to say, but it chooses the most distracting moments to speak. She takes a -2 penalty on all Wits-based rolls.
- Failure: The Charm has no effect.
- Success: The Noble can speak directly to the mind of her target, without using her voice, and the target can reply the same way. The Charm conveys only sounds that the Noble and the target could actually speak; so, for example, if one thinks in a language the other doesn’t know, he hears the words but cannot understand them. On the other hand, anything said is heard as clearly as if the two of them stood together in a quiet room. The first time someone is the target of this Charm, he must roll Resolve + Composure to learn how to speak through the link (and, possibly, to persuade himself that he isn’t imagining the voice in his head.)
- Exceptional Success: In addition, by concentrating the Noble and the target can share a memory. The one who has the memory makes a memory roll [CofD 30] to recall it; whatever she recalls passes over the link, and the other makes a memory roll to retain the information. This takes an instant action from both characters.
- Cost: 1 Wisp/person
The Noble creates a channel of voiceless speech among several people. She can speak to any or all of the targets’ minds, and they can speak to her and each other in the same way. A target who has Wisps can pay her part of the cost.
- Requires Aria ••
The Charm’s link between minds carries sensations. Anyone in the link can make a Perception roll at a -2 penalty to borrow the senses of another person in the link for a brief moment, seeing what the other sees and hearing what she hears in that moment.