The Right Word (••)Edit
- Action: Instant and contested
- Dice pool: Manipulation + Persuasion vs. Composure + Supernatural Tolerance
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: lasting
The Noble can read the hearts of those she meets, discovering what they most desire and what she can do to help them reach it. At the start of a social maneuver with a person, the Noble may activate this Charm.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble is led to believe the target has an Aspiration which is, in fact, repugnant to him. If she offers to help him achieve the spurious goal, add one Door to her social maneuver and lower the impression by one step.
- Failure: The Noble learns nothing of her target’s desires. The social maneuver proceeds normally.
- Success: The Noble learns one of the target’s current Aspirations in the course of her first attempt to open a Door. She may appeal to that Aspiration after the first attempt resolves, whether it succeeds or fails.
If the target has a Vocation, or any other trait similar to Aspirations, the Noble can discover it instead of an Aspiration.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble learns two of the target’s Aspirations (or Vocations, or similar traits)
as she tries to open her first Door.
- Cost: +1 Wisp
The Noble knows just how to appeal to her target’s wishes. When she appeals to an Aspiration revealed by the Charm during the social maneuver she used it, she opens two Doors instead of one.
- Modified by Commonalty
The Noble can discover Aspirations of an organization when she begins a social maneuver on it. Her roll to activate takes the Commonalty penalty for the organization’s officers.
- Requires Fuoco ••
- Requires Convincing
- Cost: +1 Willpower
A Hero’s charisma sweeps those she meets into her wake. After she appeals to an Aspiration revealed by the Charm during the social maneuver she used it, the Noble may reduce the penalty for forcing the remaining Doors by her Fuoco, to a minimum of -0.
- Requires Terra ••
- Cost: +1 Wisp
By offering aid, the Noble establishes herself as trustworthy. After she appeals to an Aspiration revealed by the Charm during the social maneuver she used it, the Noble improves her impression by one step as well as opening a Door.