The Finest Hour, the Last Hour (•••••, Tempesta ••••)Edit
- Avatar (Storms)
- Action: Instant
- Dice pool: Resolve + Composure
- Cost: 3 Wisps, 1 Willpower, 1 resistant aggravated damage
- Duration: 1 scene
The Noble draws upon the dedication and resolve the Seraphic General displayed during the fall, and recreates her own lesser version of that courage.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble is overcome with a feeling of utter futility and defeatism. She takes the Beaten Down Tilt [CofD 280] and is considered to have broken Tempesta’s ban.
- Failure: The Noble cannot focus.
- Success: The Noble enters a combat trance, a tranquil fury or even a screaming hysteria. In this state she is one of the most powerful and terrible combatants known to the Radiant. She gains the following benefits:
- Any damage caused by the Noble is aggravated, even if she doesn’t want it to be.
- She gains temporary Health boxes equal to her Resolve + Inner Light.
- Every time the Noble kills someone she believes is a follower of the Dark, she regains all her Willpower. Followers of the dark include: Darkened, Darkspawn and all related creatures, Princesses and Sworn of Tears, Alhambran citizens, and anyone the Noble has a good reason to believe to be any of the above.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble develops such a strong aura of violence and power that mortals (including Darkened and Darkspawn, but not stronger creatures of the Darkness) whose Willpower is lower than her Inner Light must succeed on a Resolve + Composure roll or flee in terror, gaining the Terrified Condition.
Drawback: Once this Charm is active the Noble loses all her mental faculties unrelated to combat - she simply cannot conceive of not fighting. Until the Charm ends she cannot stop fighting as long as one foe remains standing.