Strike False (••••)Edit
- Action: Instant
- Dice pool: Wits + Intimidation
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 scene
The Noble goes through the motions of attacks, creating the appearance of danger without inflicting actual harm.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble’s attacks are real, but she is convinced they are not, and does not realize otherwise until the Charm ends.
- Failure: The Noble’s attacks remain unchanged.
- Success: For the rest of the scene, whenever the Noble deals damage with her magic (through either Charms or Regalia weapons) she instead inflicts the Phantom Damage Tilt, adding levels equal to the damage she would otherwise have done.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble may choose whether to inflict normal or phantom damage for each attack.
The Noble may end the Charm early as a reflexive action, which removes all the Tilts it created.
- Cost: +2 Wisps
The Princess counterfeits her magic so well that a mere suggestion of an attack creates wracking pain. Until the Charm ends she can produce an illusion of any Charm she knows whose sole effect is dealing damage, or an attack with a Regalia weapon, without paying the cost for that Charm or attack. The illusion resolves as if it were the real effect, and inflicts the Phantom Damage Tilt if successful.