Steady Resolve (•, Legno •)Edit
- Action: Instant
- Dice pool: Resolve + Persuasion
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 scene
With a reassuring word, the Noble hardens another’s resolve in the face of magical manipulations. The Charm may not be used on anyone currently affected by it.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble loses her confidence. She gains the Shaken Condition [CofD 290].
- Failure: The target is unmoved by the Noble’s exhortation.
- Success: The target takes the Indomitable Tilt: whenever the target contests a supernatural power that affects his thoughts or emotions with Resolve, he adds 2 dice to his roll. When the target resists such supernatural power with Resolve, the user of that power subtracts 2 dice from his roll. The Tilt wears off when the Charm ends.
- Exceptional Success: The bonus and penalty from the Tilt each rise to 3 dice.
The Noble’s reassurance also helps her ally remain calm. The target applies the Tilt’s bonus when contesting with Composure, and the Tilt’s penalty when resisting with Composure, against supernatural powers that affect thoughts or emotions.