Speaking Eyes (••, Acqua •)Edit
- Action: Instant
- Dice pool: Wits + Persuasion
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 scene
The movements of the Noble’s body are saturated by meaning. She uses the Charm on a single character who can see her.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble destroys her natural ability to communicate. All her Expression rolls take a -2 penalty for the rest of the scene.
- Failure: The Noble’s gestures convey no special meaning.
- Success: The Noble can convey the most complicated thoughts to her target with a turn of the head, a twist of the hand, or a facial expression, as quickly as with normal speech; the target will understand her intent even if he shares no languages with her, as long as they can see her. Nobody else looking at her will understand her meaning; indeed, unless onlookers examine her carefully (succeeding on an Intelligence + Investigation roll) they won’t realize that she is “saying” anything at all. The Charm does not help the Noble understand the target.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble may combine her gestures with her speech. Her Expression rolls to communicate with the target gain a +2 bonus until the Charm ends.
- Requires Acqua ••
- Modified by Commonality
The Princess can convey her thoughts to members of an organization that can see her, using the Commonalty modifier. Those not in the organization will not understand her gestures.