Refutation in Arms (•••, Acqua ••)Edit
- Requires Empty Hands, Kensai or Palladion
- Action: Instant and resisted
- Dice pool: Wits + (Brawl or Weaponry) - target’s Defense
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 scene
The attacks of a fighter fall into patterns, and the Noble can read those patterns. When she wields her Regalia weapon and faces another in close combat, she may activate this Charm.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble misreads her foe. For the rest of the scene, she takes a -1 penalty to all attacks against him, and she cannot use Refutation in Arms again.
- Failure: The Noble learns nothing from her foe’s movements.
- Success: The Noble understands her foe’s style of combat. She gains the Studied Fighting Tilt against him.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble understands her foe completely. Her bonus from the Studied Fighting Tilt begins at +2.
The Noble can gain a bonus from this Charm against only one target at a time; if she uses it again before the scene ends, the first use of the Charm ends immediately.