No Man is an Island (••, Terra •)Edit
- Action: Instant and resisted
- Dice pool: Manipulation + Empathy - target’s Composure
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: lasting
- No man is an Island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the Continent, a part of the main ...
The Noble sees what links her target to the mass of his society when she examines him closely. The Charm’s target must be a person close enough for the Noble to speak to.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble takes the Misled Condition. The Storyteller describes a vision that associates the target with an organization he has no connection to, and the Noble believes the vision. Further uses of the Charm on the target won’t clear up the Condition - the Noble must discover her mistake by other methods. She may not use the Charm on this target for the rest of the scene.
- Failure: The Noble learns nothing of her target. She may not use the Charm on this target for the rest of the scene.
- Success: The Noble gains flashes of insight into her target’s social standing. The Storyteller must answer one question about the following subjects truthfully for each activation success:
- An organization in which the target has Status, and the degree of that Status
- A Mystery Cult the target belongs to, and the degree of his Initiation
- The name or description of the target’s immediate superior in his organization
- The name or description of the target’s Retainer, or a person immediately subordinate to the target in his organization
- One of the Skills known to the target’s Staff
The Noble may ask questions about more than one person in a single activation. She may use the Charm on this target again, but later activations during the scene take a cumulative -1 penalty.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble gains considerable insight into her target’s social standing.
Upgrade: Personal (Terra ••)Edit
The Terra Invocation favors all aspects of human sociability. The Noble may look for insight into the target’s character and abilities, so far as these resonate with the Terra Invocation or the credo of the Queen of Hearts. Add the following to the list of subjects the Noble may ask about.
- The target’s Presence, Manipulation or Composure
- One of the target’s Social Skills or specialties
- Any of the target’s Social Merits