Mesmerize (••, Aria •)Edit
- Action: Instant and contested
- Dice pool: Manipulation + Empathy vs. target’s Resolve + Supernatural Tolerance
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: lasting
By speaking a few words, the Noble helps a person remember something they have forgotten.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble buries the memory; the target’s attempts to remember it are automatic dramatic failures for the rest of the session. The Noble cannot use Mesmerize on him for a full day.
- Failure: The target fails to remember.
- Success: The target remembers the fact or event the Noble wanted.
- Exceptional Success: For the rest of the session, all the target’s attempts to recall a memory take a +2 bonus.
The Noble can fix something on the surface of a person’s mind ... or bury it deep, where it can’t be recalled. On a normal or exceptional success, she can choose to affect the target as a dramatic failure normally does.