Masquerade (••, Aria •)Edit
- Action: Instant and contested
- Dice pool: Manipulation + Empathy vs. target’s Composure + Supernatural Tolerance
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 scene or 1 day
Instead of changing herself, the Noble changes how another perceives her.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble becomes totally transparent to her intended target; for the rest of the scene, in contested Subterfuge rolls with him she always gets a dramatic failure.
- Failure: The Noble’s disguise must stand the target’s inspection unaided.
- Success: The target cannot see through any disguise that the Noble assumes or role that she enacts; in all contests of Subterfuge for this purpose between them during the current scene, the target automatically gets a dramatic failure. The Noble cannot use Masquerade to impersonate a specific person the target knows or has met - she is limited to a generic role. Masquerade ends if the Noble uses any other Charm.
- Exceptional Success: The target is blinded to flaws in the Noble’s disguise for a full day.
- Cost: +1 Wisp
The Noble can try to impersonate someone her target knows. The target does not automatically fail this contest, but the Noble takes no penalty from the target’s familiarity with the person she imitates, and she adds her successes on the activation roll as a bonus to her side of the contest.
- Requires Aria ••
- Modified by Commonality
- Cost: +1 Wisp
The Noble may use Masquerade on members of an organization, applying the Commonalty modifier. Each member contests the roll independently.
The Noble may use other Charms without ending Masquerade, and the target will not notice their manifestations - he perceives the direct effects of the Charms, but will not trace them back to her.