Mantle of Authority (•, Terra •)Edit
- Action: Instant and resisted
- Dice pool: Presence + Politics - target’s Composure
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 scene or 1 day
The Noble claims her authority from the Light to keep her person inviolate and her movements unrestricted. She must show her phylactery to her target to establish her credentials. The Charm fails if the Noble or her target is engaged in combat.
- Dramatic Failure: The target sees the Noble as a fraud or a lunatic, and will react accordingly.
- Failure: The target sees nothing significant about the Noble’s phylactery.
- Success: For the rest of the scene, the target assumes the Noble has diplomatic privileges. He will not try to search her or detain her, no matter what she’s been doing, though if she lacks permission to be where she is, he may escort her out. The target also will not initiate combat with the Noble unless ordered to do so by his superiors, though he will respond if she attacks.
- Exceptional Success: The Charm’s effect persists for a full day before it ends.
- Modified by Commonality
- Cost: +1 Wisp
The Noble may use the Charm on members of an organization that can see or hear her, using the Commonalty modifier. The member with the highest Composure resists for the group.