Magical Eyes (•••)Edit
- Requires Reflected Light
- Action: Instant
- Dice pool: Inner Light + Composure
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 scene
The Noble heightens her occult awareness and mixes it with her mundane senses, so that she may see all forms of magical power.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble confuses her senses and falls into trance, fascinated by her new perceptions. She takes the Insensate Tilt [CofD 285].
- Failure: The Noble’s senses are not extended.
- Success: For the rest of the scene, the Noble can see, hear and smell magic. She may reflexively make mundane Wits + Occult rolls to notice supernatural phenomena that exist within the range of her mundane senses. This includes the supernatural beings which trigger her Unseen Sense from Reflected Light; it also includes activations of supernatural powers, and the ongoing effects of powers that enchant a target. (Ongoing effects are less obvious, however; apply a penalty of -3 to the roll to notice them.)
- Rolls to notice beings supply the same information to the Noble that her Unseen Sense would. Rolls to notice powers, if successful, give the Noble a basic idea of what the power did when activated, and the type of supernatural who activated it. If the Noble’s senses have been extended by other magics to let her perceive other places, Magical Eyes let her notice supernatural phenomena there as well.
- The commingling of her senses leaves the Noble slightly confused about mundane details. All her Perception rolls not related to magic take a -1 penalty until the Charm ends.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble keeps a clear head. Her Perception rolls take no penalty.