Light’s Aegis (•••)Edit
- Action: Instant and resisted
- Dice pool: Strength + Medicine - target’s Stamina
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 scene
The Noble extends a portion of her mantle over another person that she can touch, granting him the power to ward off injuries. The Charm may not be used on anyone currently affected by it.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble mishandles her power and injures herself. She takes 1 resistant lethal damage.
- Failure: The target is unprotected by the Charm.
- Success: The target has limited access to the Noble’s Holy Shield. He takes the Aegis Tilt: each activation success allows him to downgrade the damage from one source just before he suffers from it as a reflexive action. The Tilt stacks with the innate Holy Shield if used on a Noble; both may be used against an attack.
- Exceptional Success: The target gains a strong protection from injury.
- Cost: +2 Wisps
The Noble's protection lets her target survive against impossible odds. If the target takes enough lethal or aggravated damage to fill his Health track while under the Aegis Tilt, he does not bleed out or die; instead, after a minute, the damage in his last Health box downgrades to bashing damage, and he wakes. Recovering from injuries in this fashion ends the Aegis.