Imaginary Friend (••••, Aria •••)Edit
- Action: Instant and contested
- Dice pool: Manipulation + Subterfuge vs. Wits + Supernatural Tolerance
- Cost: 2 Wisps
- Duration: 1 scene
The Noble creates the illusion of a man or woman, especially crafted for a single person.
- Dramatic Failure: The target becomes deeply suspicious of the Noble; for the rest of the scene all her Social rolls aimed at him take a -2 penalty.
- Failure: The Noble fails to create the illusion.
- Success: The Noble chooses a role for the illusion; the target perceives a person who behaves appropriately for that role in the present situation, according to the target’s beliefs. However, if she doesn’t beat the target’s successes, he realizes that this person is an illusion within moments. If she does get more successes, the target will treat the imaginary person as fully real, and respond to it as to a person of the role the Noble chose. No one else - including the Noble - will see or hear the illusion; she has no control over its behavior.
- Exceptional Success: If the Noble remains within earshot of the target, she learns what he believes the illusion said and did from his reactions, without possibility of error.