Hedge Magic (••, Legno •)Edit
- Action: Instant
- Dice pool: Stamina + Survival
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: successes in turns
The Noble makes a dense thicket grow, which entangles anyone who tries to cross it.
- Dramatic Failure: Any plants within the Noble’s Inner Light in yards wilt. She cannot use Hedge Magic again for the rest of the scene.
- Failure: No thicket appears.
- Success: The hedge-wall springs up, covering an area of the Noble’s Legno x10 square yards somewhere within sight. It has a Durability of 2 and a Structure of 2x activation successes.
- Exceptional Success: The hedge-wall is extremely thick. Its Durability rises to 3.
Anyone who damages the hedge with a close attack or tries to go through it gets tangled in the branches, taking the Tangled Tilt. Against ranged attacks, the hedge provides opaque cover [CofD 92]. When the Charm expires, the thicket wilts, losing all its Structure and releasing anyone tangled in it.
- Action: Instant and contested
- Dice pool: Manipulation + Occult vs. Resolve + Supernatural Tolerance
- Cost: 1 Wisp, Sensitivity check
- Duration: 1 scene
By brushing her hand across an object, the Noble makes it deeply attractive to the servants of the Darkness. Once they scent it, they will go to any length to possess it, and ensure no one else touches it.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble turns herself into a lure for creatures of the Darkness. All such creatures within Inner Light x 100 yards know where she is for the rest of the scene.
- Failure: When a creature of the Darkness gets as many or more successes on its roll than the Noble’s activation successes, he is interested in the object, but not obsessed.
- Success: The object calls to all beings with the Darkened Condition within a radius of Inner Light x 100 yards. Each such being contests the Charm independently; any who lose the contest will try to take the object for himself, possibly fighting other beings to possess it.
- Exceptional Success: The compulsion is almost irresistible.
Upgrade: Trapped (Lacrima ••)Edit
The target object inflicts pain on any Darkened being who does manage to touch it. The compulsion on these beings changes - instead of keeping the object, they try to destroy it. Darkened beings who have not touched the object are still drawn to possess it. The Charm ends if the object is destroyed.