Goosedown Lullaby (Appear •••)Edit
- Action: Instant and contested
- Dice pool: Presence + Expression vs. Composure + Supernatural Tolerance
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 scene
The Noble sings softly and soothingly, lulling those who hear her into drowsiness and sleep.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble sings only herself to sleep. She takes the Lullaby Tilt.
- Failure: The song is pleasant but lulls nobody.
- Success: Anyone who is within the Noble’s Inner Light in yards while she sings, and can hear her song, must reflexively contest the Charm; those who lose the contest take the Lullaby Tilt. The Noble may continue singing (using her action) in the turns after activating the Charm to lull new arrivals, but each character affected contests the Charm only once. Once she stops singing, no one else will be affected.
- Exceptional Success: Anyone who becomes Insensate thanks to the Charm cannot be awakened for the Noble’s Presence in hours.
- Cost: +1 Wisp
The song continues to resound after the Noble stops singing it. For the rest of the scene, whatever she does, anyone who approaches her reflexively contests the Charm, and takes the Lullaby Tilt if they lose the contest.
The Noble sings an earworm of a song, that those who hear it can’t stop thinking about. If she applies this upgrade, those who lose the contested roll take the Earworm Tilt, instead of Lullaby.
Quoth the RavenEdit
- Requires Lacrima •••
The Noble’s song saps the wills of those who listen. Characters who took the Lullaby or Earworm Tilts from the Charm replace it with Beaten Down [CofD 87] instead of Insensate.
- Requires Tempesta •••
The Noble makes a noise that drills into a hearer’s skull. For each turn she spends concentrating, everyone within the Charm’s area of effect save herself takes one level of the Phantom Damage Tilt, and characters who lose the contested roll are Deafened [CofD 281] in both ears for Tempesta turns. If she applies Parakeet’s Echo, the Noble can create the painful noise as an instant action for the rest of the scene.