Giggle at the Ghostie (••, Aria •)Edit
- Action: Instant and resisted
- Dice pool: Wits + Empathy - target’s Composure
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 scene
Bullies, tyrants, even the horrors of the Dark - all these lose their terrors if you can just show them their absurdity. The Noble may use this Charm on a single person within sight.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble becomes frightened of the target, taking the Cowed Tilt, and cannot use the Charm on him for a full day.
- Failure: The target retains his ability to frighten.
- Success: All attempts by the target to inspire fear or awe take a penalty equal to the activation successes. The penalty applies both to mundane use of Intimidation, and to supernatural powers that frighten or overawe, if the target rolls to activate them.
- Exceptional Success: The target’s attempts to frighten are greatly impeded.
- Modified by Commonalty
- Cost: +1 Wisp
The Noble may use the Charm on members of an organization whose members can see her, applying the Commonalty modifier. The member with the highest Composure resists for the group. If the Charm succeeds, all the members take the penalty; on a dramatic failure, the Princess is penalized when opposing any member.
Upgrade: Swift (Aria ••)Edit
The Charm becomes Reactive; the Noble may use it when a target tries to frighten or overawe, and imposes the penalty on that attempt if she succeeds.