Freed By Burning Hate (•••, Tempesta •••)Edit
- Requires Their Blood Cries Out
- Action: Reactive and contested
- Dice pool: Presence + Empathy vs. Clash of Wills pool
- Cost: 0 or 1 Wisps, 1 Willpower
- Duration: special
Those who follow in the path of the Queen of Storms know that the world will always seek to hold her in chains, to imprison her so that the misdeeds of the world will be permitted to hold her and others captive. But the Queen of Storms shows her how to break those chains, and how to break them in others. With a snarl, the bonds of the mind are broken.
The Noble may use this Charm on anyone currently affected by a supernatural power that alters their emotional state. If she is affected by an applicable supernatural power she may use this Charm on herself. The Charm costs 0 Wisps (just the Willpower point) when the Noble uses it on herself, and 1 Wisp plus a Willpower point if used on another person.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble succumbs to the power she opposed. She cannot use Freed by Burning Hate against the power or the creature who used it for the rest of the scene.
- Failure: If the Noble does not win the contest, she fails to defeat the power.
- Success: If the Noble gets more successes, the power’s effect is overridden by a feeling of intense, nauseated rage, and the target suddenly becomes aware that someone has tried to violate his mind. Any Condition created by the power is replaced with the Loathing Condition for the power’s user.
- Exceptional Success: The target’s hate overwhelms him. He immediately attacks the creature who violated his mind, and takes the Insane Tilt [CofD 285] while doing so.
The Charm lasts as long as the effect it destroys would have, for it is built on the fragments of that effect. If the power’s user cancels or removes the effect himself, the target’s rage immediately dissipates.
If the Noble uses the Charm on a target whose emotions are not being influenced, she pays the cost but nothing happens. If she uses it on a target subject to more than one eligible effect, the Charm breaks the least potent, and among effects of equal strength it breaks the one with the shortest remaining duration.