For the First Time (••)Edit
- Action: Extended, 1 minute/roll, threshold = 3x Skills enhanced
- Dice pool: Composure + Expression
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 scene
- ...at least I’ve got a chance.
Doing something for the first time can be scary, but with a stirring performance the Noble banishes those fears. The Noble chooses one or more Skills which (presumably) her target doesn’t have; she must accumulate 3 successes for each Skill she selects.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble becomes convinced that she can handle any challenge the world might throw at her. She takes the Overconfident Condition.
- Failure: The Noble blunders while performing. She may either abandon the Charm, or accept a Condition and continue.
- Success: When the Noble reaches the threshold, the target may ignore unskilled penalties on actions using the chosen Skills for the rest of the scene. Some actions (e.g. flying an airplane) impose an unskilled penalty on anyone lacking an appropriate specialty; the Charm removes that penalty too, so if a young Noble has a pressing need to fly an airplane this is the Charm to know.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble may reduce the threshold or interval, or give her target a flash of insight into the chosen Skills, represented by the Insightful Condition.
- Modified by Commonalty
- Cost: +1 Wisp
The Noble may use the Charm on members of an organization that can see or hear her, using the Commonalty modifier. The same Skills are affected for all members.