Flash of Brilliance (••, Specchio •)Edit
- Action: Reflexive
- Dice pool: Presence + Subterfuge
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 action
To an Heir, mundane history and trivia often seem so… trivial. Shouldn’t an Heir’s magic be proof enough of their genius? This Charm enhances any action with the goal of convincing others that the Noble is well-informed about some topic.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble’s action is an automatic dramatic failure. Whatever she says, the audience perceives only foolish ignorance of the topic.
- Failure: The action is neither helped nor hindered.
- Success: The Noble passes herself off as an expert. If her roll for the action fails, treat it as having one success; if it succeeds, treat it as an exceptional success. Listeners will remember hearing only the things the Noble said that were appropriate to the topic, but will believe the full speech conveyed an accuracy and understanding appropriate to the result of the roll. The Charm affects only what the audience hears; dictation, recordings, and so on capture only the actual speech, although listeners will not realize it until the Noble is done speaking.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble’s apparent mastery of the topic prevents anyone from challenging her claims. If her action succeeds, listeners must spend 1 Willpower to dispute anything she says on the topic for the rest of the scene.