Flame in the Heart (••, Fuoco •)Edit
- Action: Full turn
- Dice pool: Manipulation + Persuasion
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: indefinite
By touching a person, the Noble ignites a flame from the warmth of their affections for another. Taking fire in this way does not affect the target’s emotions, just as lighting one candle from another doesn’t put the first candle out. The Noble must know the subject of the target’s affections when she activates Flame in the Heart; she can’t simply take “the person he feels most strongly for”, without knowing just who that is.
- Dramatic Failure: The target becomes sure that he has somehow offended the one he feels for. He takes the Guilty Condition [CofD 289] and the Noble cannot use Flame in the Heart on him until it’s resolved.
- Failure: The flame the Noble takes goes out a few moments later.
- Success: The target gains the Heartfire Condition, connected to the subject of his affections.
- Exceptional Success: Add 1 to the Intensity of the fire that sustains the Heartfire Condition. A Noble may maintain a number of Heartfire Conditions at once equal to her Inner Light.
Upgrade: Fueled (Fuoco ••)Edit
The Noble may add fuel to a kept flame, increasing it to torch-sized (base damage of 1). She can then use the flame once as above without snuffing it; the use reduces the flame to candle-sized again.