Unlimited Object Works (Appear ••)Edit
- Action: Instant
- Dice pool: Wits + Larceny
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 scene or 1 day
The Noble creates magical duplicates of an object on her person. The Charm may be used on any object the Noble is carrying and can conceal from mundane observers in her Regalia. (Often this limits targets to Size 2 or less, but anything in the Noble’s Miss Poppins' Bottomless Bag is expressly a valid target - even if the bag isn’t open.) The object must also be cheaply priced; its Availability rating may not exceed one third of the Noble’s Inner Light, rounding up. Also, the Charm can’t copy a copy made by a previous use of it.
- Dramatic Failure: The magic damages the targeted object; it loses a point of Structure, bypassing its Durability.
- Failure: The Noble fails to create a duplicate.
- Success: A copy of the target object materializes in the Noble’s hand. The copy works just like the original (guns fire, phones make calls) with respect to its mundane properties. However, it lacks any supernatural properties of the original, other than being a supernatural creature’s bane. The copy dissolves at the end of the scene.
- Exceptional Success: The copy does not vanish for one full day.
- Requires Specchio ••
The Noble may use the Charm on an object’s reflection, to take it out of the mirror. The reflection is like a copy made by the basic Charm, except that it’s a mirror image of the original; text is reversed and the grip may be uncomfortable. Neither the original item nor its reflection appear in mirrors while the Charm lasts.
When applying Reflected, the Noble is not limited by either the Size or the Availability rating of the duplicated object; she can copy any object of Size up to the Size of the mirror showing its image. However, the mirror’s quality modifies her dice pool: Surface of water, reflection is weak and inconstant (-2), Tin foil (-1), Modern mirror (0), Reflection is especially clear, mirror is highly valued (Resources 3+) or of great sentimental value to someone (+2).