Comfortably Numb (•••, Lacrima •••)Edit
- Action: Instant and contested
- Dice pool: Manipulation + Empathy vs. target’s Composure + Supernatural Tolerance
- Cost: 2 Wisps, Sensitivity check at +2
- Duration: 1 scene
Those who follow the Last Empress sometimes have to make the hard decisions; the Queen of Tears shows them how to remain undisturbed, impassive and numb in the face of a harsh necessity. The Noble uses this Charm on a person who can see and hear her. The target must have Integrity, Belief or a similar trait (e.g. vampires and mages are valid targets, but werewolves aren’t.)
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble suddenly loses confidence in her principles; she gains the Doubting Condition.
- Failure: If the Noble doesn’t win the contest, the target is not protected from breaking points.
- Success: If the Noble wins the contest, the psychic shocks that the target experiences, no matter what their source, don’t reach him until the Charm expires at the scene’s end. Each time the target would reach a breaking point in the current scene, record the size of the dice pool he would roll, but do not roll it - the target continues unaffected. When the scene ends, the target makes a single breaking point roll, using the smallest dice pool of those recorded during the scene, as the Charm’s protection is withdrawn and the psychic stresses the target faced return.
- The Charm does not blunt a Noble’s Sensitivity - Hauntings will ravage her as usual, if she experiences any.
- Exceptional Success: The Charm soothes the target’s mind even as it expires. The target gains a +1 bonus on the breaking point roll he makes when the scene ends.