Wallflower (Appear ••)Edit
- Action: Instant and contested
- Dice pool: Manipulation + Stealth vs. Wits + Composure
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 scene
The Noble fades into the background and falls beneath everyone’s notice.
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble makes herself memorable without realizing it - all Perception rolls to notice her take a +2 bonus for the rest of the scene.
- Failure: The Noble is no more forgettable than usual.
- Success: Until the Charm ends, other people don’t pay attention to the Noble. No matter how odd her appearance or behavior might be, nobody notices her or remembers her as more than a generally person-shaped blur. Anyone the Noble speaks to, touches or otherwise interacts with is immune to the Charm as long as they keep her in view; and if the Noble activates a Charm, or does something that draws attention (like shouting, or doing gymnastics) everyone around her may become immune, if they beat her successes in the contested roll. However, their immunity lapses if they look away from the Noble.
- Exceptional Success: The Noble becomes almost impossible to perceive, whatever she does.
- Modified by Commonalty
The Noble can conceal other people in numbers. She uses the Charm on the members of an organization she can see, using the Commonalty modifier. If she succeeds, all the members are difficult to notice or remember, except to each other and herself.
The concealment extends to recording devices - video cameras show only a human-sized distortion in the air where the Noble is, and microphones record meaningless noises (like the adults’ voices in "Peanuts") instead of her voice, unless she deliberately speaks into them.
Using another Charm does not automatically attract attention to the Noble, though again the direct effects of the Charm are not concealed.