Capitation (•••, Lacrima ••)Edit
- Requires Charge
- Action: Instant and resisted
- Dice pool: Resolve + Intimidation - target’s Resolve
- Cost: Sensitivity check at +2
- Duration: lasting
All humanity ultimately owes allegiance to the Kingdom-which-is-Alhambra. Though they may not follow their oaths, it is still possible to extract the taxes rightfully owed. The Noble can extract hope and joy from a mundane human, converting them into Wisps for herself. After at least fifteen minutes of uninterrupted conversation, during which she touches her target at least once, she activates the Charm.
- Dramatic Failure: The target becomes deeply disturbed by the Noble. She takes the Notoriety Condition [CofD 290] related to him.
- Failure: The Noble gains nothing from the target.
- Success: The Noble taxes the target’s hope. She gains 1 Wisp and rolls the target’s Integrity, gaining 1 more Wisp for each success on that roll. However, the target gains an instance of the Tainted Condition (or, if he has Sensitivity, undergoes a Haunting.)
- Exceptional Success: As for normal success, and the target becomes captivated by the Noble, and wants to talk to her again. He gains the Spooked Condition [CofD 291] linked to the Noble.
- Modified by Sympathy
- Cost: +1 Wisp
The Noble may use the Charm on people without touching them or speaking to them, applying the Sympathy modifier. She still needs to spend fifteen minutes thinking about a target before she can activate the Charm.
- Requires Lacrima •••
The Noble can choose to tax people’s energy. If she applies this upgrade, the target loses a Willpower point and the Noble gains Wisps equal to his Resolve, instead of the normal result.
- Requires Seed of Light with Bereaved
- Cost: +1 Willpower
Applying this upgrade converts the Wisps gained from the Charm directly into Seeds, instead of adding them to the Noble’s pool.