Books in Running Brooks ••••• (Acqua ••••)Edit
- Avatar (Diamonds)
- Action: Instant
- Dice pool: Intelligence + Academics - penalties for obscure topics
- Cost: 3 Wisps, 1 Willpower
- Duration: 1 scene
- ... finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything.
The Queen of Diamonds is a scholar without peer, and her avatar has all knowledge at her fingertips.
- Dramatic Failure: A big chunk of the Noble’s memory temporarily vanishes. She takes the Amnesia Condition [CofD 288] for a full day, covering a period chosen by the Storyteller.
- Failure: The Noble remains a simple, uninformed mortal.
- Success: The Noble’s memory instantly fills with information on the things, people and places she encounters, arranged in the fashion she finds easiest to understand. Until the Charm ends, the Noble may carry out research without access to a library, and requiring only 1 turn per roll.
- Moreover, for each activation success there is one topic that the library in the Noble’s mind definitely covers; she can give herself, or someone who listens to her, the Informed Condition [CofD 289] on any of those topics as often as she likes while the Charm lasts. The only limitation on the choice of topics is that they must be knowledge that is available to all of humanity; the Noble is of course free to discover new knowledge but her starting point, her library, is common knowledge. In practice this covers just about any topic the Noble is likely to be interested in, except for inner details of the supernatural and uncharted jungles or deep ocean trenches.
- Exceptional Success: The extra successes are their own reward.
When the Noble activates the Charm, her eyes appear to become depthless azure pools (without affecting her vision in any way) and the immediate area is dimly illuminated, as if by moonlight reflected on water.