Bath of Souls (••, Acqua •)Edit
- Action: Instant and resisted
- Dice pool: Presence + Empathy - target’s Composure
- Cost: 1 Wisp
- Duration: 1 scene or 1 day
The Noble brings someone lost in madness back to rationality for a time. Bath of Souls suppresses any Condition that reflects a disordered mind, from the mild (e.g. Spooked) to the extreme (e.g. Broken.)
- Dramatic Failure: The Noble’s intervention makes matters worse. The target takes the Shaken Condition [CofD 290] and the Noble cannot use Bath of Souls on him until it’s resolved.
- Failure: The target’s mind remains in disorder.
- Success: The Condition is suppressed. A temporary Condition ends without resolving. A persistent Condition doesn’t end, but all its continuing effects cease to apply until the scene ends. Meeting a criterion that resolves or otherwise ends the Condition will do so with the normal effects.
- Exceptional Success: The Condition is suppressed for a full day.
The Noble’s intervention brings her target to a high lucidity. If she succeeds, the target gains the Shield of Innocence Condition, with a +1 bonus to breaking point rolls. The Condition ends without resolving when the Charm expir